[OS X TeX] Continuous pdf reader?

david craig dac at panix.com
Sun Oct 15 08:23:08 CEST 2006

> This is quite impossible, since the PDF reader cannot know the correct
> flow of the document's source,

Well, at least for SOME kinds of documents all that would be required
would be to understand where the margins are.  But point taken.  That's
why I didn't think it too likely.

> most PDF Reader applications allow the images of the pages to be shown
> one above another

I probably should have said why I wanted it: to be able to select and
copy across page boundaries.  (Lots of solutions manuals these days are
provided as pdfs.  In preparing solutions for just a given set of
problems I have to spend a lot of time copying problems split across
pages.)  It gets to be a drag after a while.  Reader and Preview will
let you copy just TEXT in such a view, but won't let you SELECT
(including e.g. equations) across page boundaries.

> Tofu!

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, while it does ok with text,
it's hopeless with equations in pdfs, at least 2.0a2 is.  Perhaps that
will improve!

Thanks,
David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>