[OS X TeX] updating everythin

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 14 15:21:40 CEST 2006

On Oct 14, 2006, at 8:15 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> Which brings up a question: How do you people handle this?
> Personally, I see my local tree in ~/Library/texmf growing
> constantly. Since I tend to be an early adopter I often download
> packages as soon as they're available on CTAN and put them in my
> local tree. Is there an elegant way to make sure to stay up to date
> without having your local tree grow all the time?
>
> simon

Howdy,

I tend to put updates for packages I use (and related packages) into
a sub-directories of a single ``Updated'' directory in ~/Library/
texmf/tex/latex/. When an updated version of the TeX i-package is
installed I take the time to check the versions in the TeX update
against the ones in my Updated directory. Probably a better way but
I'm fairly selective about what I keep updated.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)