[OS X TeX] three copies each with another background

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Oct 12 23:14:55 CEST 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 3:34 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Now I want to do the following: At only *one* run (of the engine)
> should be produced *three* PDF outputs: One with no background
> (filename.pdf), one with background COPY (filename-cp.pdf) and one
> with the background CERTIFIED (filename-cf.pdf).
>
> How can I get this?

IIRC, you're using TeXShop, right?

There are a couple of ways to do this with some scripting. One is to
make a script that duplicates your file (filename.tex) into filename-
cp.tex and filename-cf.tex and then sequentially texs all three. I
have an applescript that does something similar, but for reasons I
don't understand, it doesn't work under TeXShop 2.X. (I posted about
this a couple weeks ago, but got no replies, unfortunately.)

The second way would be to write a script that ran latex with a
different jobname than the usual (which is 'filename.tex' by
default). So your script would first tex the file, then tex it again
with a jobname of filename-cf.tex, then tex it a third time with a
jobname of filename-cp.tex. I don't have a script to do this, but if
you search the recent archives, Claus G. wrote a script to do
something very similar. It was under the heading "TeXShop typesetting
and macro questions" from last week.

Somewhere down the road I'm planning to modify the TeXShop source
code to make this all relatively easy to do via the TeXShop engine
mechanism, but don't hold your breath. (Let's say, first quarter 2007.)

--
Chris Goedde