[OS X TeX] Re: Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Oct 12 22:02:59 CEST 2006

 > What should be a command? htlatex foo.tex returns an error,  tex4ht
 > foo.tex does not complain but produces something completely different
 > from your output

In the case of slidy-based slides, XML output I believe is expected,
so a command similar to the following form should be used.

     htlatex foo "xhtml"

Probably missing and/or broken configurations.  I'll need miniature
sample files demostarting the bugs to be able to address the problems.

 > I use beamer (as probably the majority) and beamer support would be nice.

Beamer is difficult to satisfy as it moves `finalized' code around and
so can be harmful to the markup language in use.  Yet, much more
tex4ht support can be provided for it, but for that I'll need bug
reports containing miniature sample latex files demonstrating the problems.

 > However I presume that powerdot also has a command \pause and it would
 > be nice to have an example containing this command

I'll look into this feature.

-eitan