[OS X TeX] Asymptote and Latex for Tiger

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Wed Oct 11 03:18:51 CEST 2006

On Oct 10, 2006, at 17:11 , Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On 10/10/06, Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:
>> On Oct 10, 2006, at 22:51 , Victor Ivrii wrote:
>>
>> > I have one question concerning readline:
>> >
>> > Asymptote installs readline in /usr/local/include
>>
>> Not that I am aware of. The asymptote source distribution does not
>> contain readline. Nor does the i-Package.
>
> Well, it was probably one from Apple: there is no readline in
> /System/Library or /Library

Apple ships a "readline" emulation, based on "editline".  AFAICT,
this is a not-very-well-done replacement, and all of my attempts to
build software that depends on "the real" readline have failed.

I just rename/remove the Apple-supplied version and use the real thing.

FWIW, Apple's readine is part of "libSystem", the System Umbrella
Framework.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large