[OS X TeX] TeXShop Printing Weirdness

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Wed Oct 11 23:37:27 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm seeing some small annoyances in printing from TeXShop 2.10beta,
and I wonder if they show up in earlier versions. (I'm pretty sure
it's TeXShop, and not my machine, but if people running 2.10beta
would check this as well, that would be nice.)

First, I see the following, if the window for a source file is active
when I print (cmd-P or choose from menu), the printing dialog box
comes up a separate window, but if the preview window is active when
I print, the dialog box is a sheet in the preview window. Do other
people see this? Which version of TeXShop?

Second, page setup doesn't seem to be respected if the printing is
initiated from the preview window instead of the source window (that
is, case 2 above, when the dialog box is a sheet). Do others see this
as well? One way to check this is to pick a landscape orientation in
page setup (the middle one, for example), and then pick two pages per
sheet in the layout part of the print dialog box. This process
results in different page orientations on printout when the printing
is initiated from the source window or from the preview window. Do
other people see that as well? (Assuming my explanation makes sense...).

--

Chris