[OS X TeX] 1/2" margins

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 22:42:28 CEST 2006

Axel E. Retif wrote:

>Just as Frank said:
>
>\usepackage{geometry}
>\geometry{paperheight=11in, paperwidth=8.5in, top=0.5in,
>bottom=0.5in, left=0.5in, right=0.5in}
>
>without \renewcommand

Sorry, I got a bit mixed up with the abstract of the geometry package.

Stengel's suggestion indeed works:

\usepackage{geometry} in MyPreamble.sty
\geometry{paperheight=11in,paperwidth=8.5in,top=0.5in,bottom=0.5in,
left=0.5in,right=0.5in} in the preamble of the document in question and
which I can turn on/off.

What I am curious about is what, instead, to write after the
\begin{document}—just for the sake, as I said, of esthetic consistency
since all my document-dependent renewcommands are there.

Of course, one way to be consistent would be to move all the
renewcommands before the \begin{document}. But esthetically, I find that
a bit less pleasing.

Regards
--schremmer