[OS X TeX] OT: Backup software

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Wed Oct 11 13:49:47 CEST 2006

On 11 Oct 2006, at 00:08, Christian Heine wrote:
> There's also
> Unison <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/> which some
> people are
> quite fond of (no experience myself).

I am one of them. It is resource-fork aware, and it is more than just
a backup utility, it is a sync utility. Its main advantage is that
you may have more than one machine syncing through the same server,
which works both as a backup and as a way to keep the computers in
multi-directional sync.
I 'unison' my powerbook at home and my desktop at the office several
times a day through the internet network with a bsd server. It is
multi-platform, so you can sync macs, linux/unix, windows, etc. The
only problem is that you need an additional machine, rather than just
an external disk.

--e.