[OS X TeX] pdf the size of printed text?

david craig dac at panix.com
Tue Oct 3 22:46:33 CEST 2006

> The quick fix might be ... not as elegant, but maybe useful for single
> use.

Aye, and there's the rub -- and why I'm not just (for example) using
LaTeXiT: I need to do this for a whole bunch of files on an ongoing
basis.

> See http://mactextoolbox.sourceforge.net/articles/baseline.html for
> various methods.

I have to admit I didn't understand a good bit of that on the first
couple of passes, but I was able to jigger the tex-only [i.e. no shell
script necessary] code in the middle to work for me by adding a minipage
environment inside the lrbox.  (Otherwise I couldn't get text and
equations to work together properly in the lrbox.)  This works well
enough for my purposes, since I'm ok with a fixed width -- it was the
height that I really wanted to be set dynamically.

Thanks much for the help!

I hadn't known about <http://mactextoolbox.sourceforge.net/index.html>
up to this point, though, so that's a great discovery!

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>