[OS X TeX] TeXShop typesetting and macro questions

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Tue Oct 3 19:23:41 CEST 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> That seems pretty hacky, though; it might be easier to forget
> AppleScript and simply use a shell script (running as a TeXShop
> engine). What is the source of the -jobname value you want to pass?
> If it's something easily recognizable in the source file, then you
> could use a shell script that first uses grep/awk/perl/sed/whatever
> to locate and extract the appropriate name, then calls pdfetex with
> the option you want.

Thanks for the reply, Jonathan. As you might have seen in another
mail I sent to the list, I want to derive the jobname from the file
name. I want to replace "foo.tex" with, for example "foo-draft.tex".
I agree, this is something that could be done within the engine via
perl/awk/sed.

However, I still see a need for applescript (maybe I'm wrong), first
to select the engine (although this can be done by hand), but second,
and more importantly, to get TeXShop to display the pdf file that
gets created, since changing the jobname changes the name of the
resulting pdf file. (And this is a feature, not a bug, in my view---I
really do want that.)

Thanks for any thoughts you might have, including a line of perl to
do the name change!

--
Chris