[OS X TeX] Re: Preparing A Textbook Using Mac/TeX

David Oliver daoliver at swva.net
Tue Oct 3 03:02:09 CEST 2006

> For an excellent example of what a published book using this system
> looks
> like (mine has not been released yet), see:
> <http://www.awprofessional.com/bookstore/product.asp?
> isbn=0321193121&rl=1> and the article on writing it,
> <http://www.alistapart.com/articles/boom>

I am persistently on the lookout for book construction and
typesetting systems that maintain the precision mathematical
typesetting of TeX with powerful page layout  tools of, say, Adobe
CS. A CSS system like this is neither and not up to the quality
required for scientific and mathematical books—I daresay, any book of
quality.

David Oliver