[OS X TeX] Location of kvoptions?

Jeffrey Weimer weimerj at email.uah.edu
Thu Nov 30 18:43:58 CET 2006

I am having puzzling (to me) behavior with the kvoptions.sty file.

I am using the i-Installer teTeX installation. I manually updated the
entire contents of hyperref and oberdiek folders in /usr/local/teTeX/
share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/ by downloading the folders from CTAN,
unpacking them, and copying over the folders.

When I typeset a document starting with \usepackage{hyperref},
typesetting hangs with an error to the effect of not finding
kvoptions.sty. This file is however located in oberdiek (along with
refcount.sty for example, which is found and used). I copied
kvoptions.sty to ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/, and typesetting
subsequently ran fine.

I previously had a copy of the hyperref folder in my ~/Library/texmf/
tex/latex/ folder that has since been deleted (after moving it to
the /usr .... location).

What am I missing?

--
J. J. Weimer, Chemistry / Chemical & Materials Engineering
University of Alabama in Huntsville, MSB 125, 301 Sparkman Dr