[OS X TeX] Very (Mac)-specific mpm problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 29 22:06:05 CET 2006

Am 29.11.2006 um 21:06 schrieb Alan Munn:

> 1.cpp: In member function `void MyTestScript::TestFunc3()':
> 1.cpp:74: warning: invalid conversion from `unsigned int*' to
> `size_t*'
> 1.cpp:74: warning:   initializing argument 4 of `static bool
>    MiKTeX::Core::Process::Run(const MiKTeX::Core::PathName&, const
> MIKTEXCHAR*,
>    void*, size_t*, int*)'
> 1.cpp:84: warning: invalid conversion from `unsigned int*' to
> `size_t*'
> 1.cpp:84: warning:   initializing argument 4 of `static bool
>    MiKTeX::Core::Process::Run(const MiKTeX::Core::PathName&, const
> MIKTEXCHAR*,
>    void*, size_t*, int*)'

There seems to be bad code in the test files: invalid conversion from
`unsigned int*' to `size_t*'.

But what you cited are just compiler /warnings/. There must have been
some reason for a real compiler "error" ...

For me mpm worked the few times I tried to use it – and 'make check'
had failed in some tests before. The question is what purpose 'make
check' has: make sure that the programme works, or test whether the
compiler works, or test whether the development environment is OK –
or whether the test code is correct?

Actually I am missing experience in this case: in your special
network environment and in testing/using mpm.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the
impurities in our air and water that are doing it."