[OS X TeX] TeX and the wild wild world out there

Paul Vickers eattheword at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:25:03 CET 2006

On 29 Nov 2006, at 20:16, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Of course not. I sure didn't. It is the stone casting that I
> dislike. And the fact that anyone saying that, possibly, LaTeX's
> "steep learning curve" may not be necessary or unavoidable is
> likely to be flamed.

Yup, it surely does have a steep learning curve and is one of the
reasons  it manages to continually infuriate as well as delight me.

Another reason I like it, I have surmised, is that really I'm a
frustrated programmer the demands of whose job means I don't really
do any programming anymore, and hacking a TeX command is the next
best thing.

Paul