[OS X TeX] TeX and the wild wild world out there

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 20:41:30 CET 2006

Douglas Philips wrote:

> On 2006 Nov 29, at 6:06 AM, Franck Pastor indited:
>

>> It already exists. MacTeX, for example, on the Mac. Combined with a
>> frontend like Lyx.
>>
>> But if one wants to be really efficient, he will have to learn some
>> LaTeX "programming". And most people are simply not ready or too
>> scared to learn even a small bunch of commands ...
>

> Heh. Ever here of Markdown? It is often used on blog and wiki
> websites so that the writers/editors/posters can concentrate on
> content without getting distracted by (X)HTML coding for their
> formating.

Are you joking? You mean there really are people more interested in the
contents than in the form? Obviously they cannot be mathematicians or
else they shuld be expelled from the profession manu militari.

I am sorry to be so mad but some of what I have read just before touched
a very raw nerve.

Regards
--schremmer