[OS X TeX] Re: MetaPost in teTeX distribution: inconsistent versions

nicola vitacolo at dimi.uniud.it
Wed Nov 29 16:18:19 CET 2006

In article <29BB5974-290C-4D21-862A-BAD5D8B5F40D at Web.DE>,
 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 29.11.2006 um 15:05 schrieb nicola:
>
> > I have the latest (16/10/2006) teTeX distribution installed by
> > Wierda's
> > i-Installer, which claims to have mpost 0.901. Some of the base files,
> > however, which I find in
> >
> > /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/metapost/base/
> >
> > are different from the ones that can be found in the MetaPost
> > package at:
> >
> > https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/metapost/
>
> That's OK! Remember that the last teTeX update happened last year ...
> and from this old basis every "new" i-Package must be built.

IMHO, if the MetaPost binary has been updated to the latest stable
release, so should have been all its related files. That's why I'm
talking about inconsistency: if mpost -v tells me 0.901, I assume that
all the features of v0.901 are available - which does not happen to be
the case, at least in my installation (I might have messed up something).

Does anyone know whether this a bug - maybe an i-Package specific one?
Or, maybe, a conflict with ConTeXt, which I have installed, too?

Nicola