[OS X TeX] MetaPost in teTeX distribution: inconsistent versions

nicola vitacolo at dimi.uniud.it
Wed Nov 29 15:05:30 CET 2006

Hello,
I have the latest (16/10/2006) teTeX distribution installed by Wierda's
i-Installer, which claims to have mpost 0.901. Some of the base files,
however, which I find in

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/metapost/base/

are different from the ones that can be found in the MetaPost package at:

https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/metapost/

There are differences in:

boxes.mp
mfplain.mp
plain.mp (seemingly, only the version number)
TEX.mp

Moreover, the file mpost.mp is missing in Wierda's distro. Also the
manual is different. So, my guess is that there is an inconsistent mix
of different versions.

For now, I have copied the above files in my
~/Library/texmf/metapost/base folder (I had trouble especially with
missing TEXPRE and TEXPOST macros in TEX.mp).

Regards
Nicola