[OS X TeX] Switcher 1.1

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Wed Nov 29 12:34:52 CET 2006

Hi all,

In the past I used teTeX and Gerben Wierda's ii2.app. It was the best
of times.

After all the discussion on this list, I installed TeXLive2005.  This
was a hasty and foolish decision I see, but given the extraordinary
fiducial responsibility of the developpers of LaTeX tools in general
and tools for the Mac in particular, not uncharacteristic of a
trusting person.

Currently pdflatex seems to reside in
	/opt/local/bin
If I set that as TeXShop's path setting, then tools I took for
granted, such as apa.cls, which still lives in
	/Users/mk/Library/texmf/tex/latex/misc/apa.cls
or apacite.sty, which is in
	/Users/mk/Library/texmf/tex/latex/apacite/apacite.sty
are not found by TeXShop.

If I use the default setting in TeXShop, it tells me that
	/usr/local/teTeX/bin/power-pc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
does not exist.

Switcher hasn't solved my problem.

Please help.
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/