[OS X TeX] pdfsync.sty testers needed

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed Nov 29 03:46:21 CET 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 2:46 AM, Jérome Laurens wrote:

> Le 27 nov. 06 à 20:07, Joseph C. Slater a écrit :
>

>> On Nov 27, 2006, at 4:00 AM, Jérome Laurens wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>
>> It's missing by about a page (as the old one did) in a 200 page
>> manuscript. I don't know how to provide usable feedback to you,
>> though.
>
> Indeed, this is THE question,
> maybe with the logs, with or without pdfsync, with or without
> [novbox] option
> It should contains useful info about boxes
>
> And do you see if the space is lost continuously, I mean one line
> here and there that makes a whole page at the end of the doc, or
> just in one sensitive place where page breaking occurs.

It took some time, but in looking for where the search wasn't
working, I found an error in the document. When I fixed it pdsync
worked perfectly.

Here's the shortcoming:

When there is an error in a table, a shift in line number occurs. On
the one hand, you can correctly say that for incorrect LaTeX, this
shouldn't work. On the other hand, that is exactly the case where
it's the most useful.

I'll send you an example document offline.