[OS X TeX] Font embedding

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Nov 28 00:45:11 CET 2006

Am 27.11.2006 um 20:02 schrieb George Gratzer:

> I was talking to a publisher who said that they need pdf files in
> which the Adobe Type 1 fonts are completely embedded. I could not
> tell her if this is the case with TeXShop.

As already mentioned TeXShop can't do anything. You can run i-
Installer in "Configure Only" mode to make pdfTeX OR dvips OR dvips
OR or a mixture of them to "download" all the fonts always into the
document, but I think that you can only set in dvips (-j 0) and in
dvipdfm (-e) that the fonts are "downloaded" completely.

So you could use simpdftex in TeXShop and add '--extradvipsopts -j 0'
to the options.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim
me as a German, and France will declare that I am a citizen of the
world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a
German, and Germany will declare that I am a Jew.
                                                 -- Albert Einstein,
1929