[OS X TeX] Font embedding

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Nov 27 21:02:25 CET 2006

Typically, only those glyphs that have been used will be embedded. In
no case are all the glyphs embedded if the  user is using, say,
Distiller.

It depends on what you are suing the create the PDF, for example,
http://i30www.ira.uka.de/~joshua/fontembed.html

You need to be careful with graphics that use EPS or PDF formats.
When creating the PDF the file creator will only embed those glyphs
that are used in the source document, typically, and not fonts used
in linked and binary files. That means you also need to embed fonts
when creating graphics files.

Alan