[OS X TeX] Switcher

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 27 18:11:39 CET 2006

Switcher always checks at start up, if /usr/local/texprograms exists
*and* is a symlink. In the new ReadMe file I emphasized this.

I copy below the script for switching to tetex which could serve as a
template. If I have more time I shall provide a download for the
source files.

Claus

set displayError to "Your TeX source is not defined."
	try
		set texsource to "teTeX" as string

		set texbin to do shell script "/usr/bin/uname -p"
		set sourceName to "/usr/local/" & texsource & "/bin/" & texbin & "-
apple-darwin-current"

		set theFile to POSIX file sourceName as string
		tell application "Finder"
			get displayed name of the folder theFile
		end tell
	on error
		display dialog displayError buttons {"Cancel"} default button "Cancel"
	end try

	try
		set theFile to POSIX file sourceName as string
		tell application "Finder"
			get displayed name of the folder theFile
		end tell
	on error
		display dialog displayError buttons {"Cancel"} default button "Cancel"
	end try
	set dirName to do shell script "dirname " & "~/ex"

	set symlinkName to "/usr/local/" & "texprograms"

	set scriptPath to "/usr/local/"

	set shellScript to "cd " & scriptPath & ";"
	set shellScript to shellScript & "rm -fR " & symlinkName & ";"
	set shellScript to shellScript & "ln -s  -f " & sourceName & " " &
symlinkName

	do shell script shellScript with administrator privileges