[OS X TeX] teTeX still on my path

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 27 13:06:05 CET 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 4:36 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> I think Spotlight is no mystery: it simply finds things. And I'm
> sure it can find some files with /usr/local/teTeX/... in it ...

Howdy,

Spotlight will not search in any of the hidden directories (e.g., /
usr/...) by default. You've got to force it to do so. I use
SpotlightIndexer to do that but in any case it isn't permanent; if
anything changes there you'll have to re-index manually. Luckily the
contents of /usr/... doesn't change very often on my system. One
thing I believe Spotlight needs is a list of directories for forced
indexing like it has a preference for not indexing; not many folks
would use it but I doubt many folks folks use the exclusion list either.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)