[OS X TeX] texdoc via Applescript

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 26 23:27:46 CET 2006

Below is an Applescript for running texdoc. You will also need a
shell script that is actually running texdoc.

My recent Switcher distribution contains a bin folder with updates
(path settings) for my shell scripts. One of the scripts is named
whichc. Rename it to texdocc and replace the command which by texdoc,
then you can use the script, if the bin folder is saved inside

~/Library/Flashmode

In TeXLive the corresponding documents are mostly pdf files that will
be opened in Preview.

Claus

-- Applescript

set dialogSelection to "Enter the name of the document you are
looking for, e.g., index"
activate
set input to the text returned of (display dialog dialogSelection
default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "Ok"} default button "Ok")
set output to do shell script "~/Library/Flashmode/bin/texdocc " & input