[OS X TeX] Remarks on the /usr/bin/texprograms symlink

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 26 18:56:28 CET 2006

On Nov 26, 2006, at 11:31 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> Is the current TeX Live-based i-Package more recent than the TeX
> Live ISO?  My understanding was that you tracked changes more
> frequently than once a year, so users switching to the TL ISO now
> might see some regressions.

And what about the gtamac* packages, etc., etc., etc.

Also, I'll have to re-install all of my extra fonts (Lucida, Bera,
Informal Math, Utopia Expert, etc.) with every update to TeXLive
since it will be once a year and in a separate directory.

I'll probably use Gerben's last TeXLive release and hope he has need
to update it (I believe he said he would when he needed something
new) in the future. I know I'll have to re-install those fonts but
hopefully only once for a while.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)