[OS X TeX] System wide versus local path settings

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 20 23:03:28 CET 2006

I solved the "mystery": Had I used

PATH="$PATH/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin"
export PATH

as the first path, then I would have inherited the system wide settings.

But nevertheless, my strictly local solution, including all necessary
paths except those set by any prior tex installation would allow to
install and configure tex system wide. Any other users of course
would need to adjust their local path provided they would want to use
tex from the command line.

Claus