[OS X TeX] TeXLive-install-recipe download

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 19 20:22:36 CET 2006

On my second hard disk I still have Gerben's TeXLive installed. Thus,
I tried to rename it first to gwTeXLive and found that I had to do it
from the shell or through an Applescript, see the Applescript below,
which you would also have to use when trying to rename TeXLive in /
usr/local of your boot volume.

Switching then from TeXLive (TUG) to gwTeXLive worked flawlessly.
Also texdoc gave the documents in gwTeXLive.

I shall also add the renaming script to my download though of course
copying and saving it in Script Editor shouldn't be a problem.

Claus

-- Applescript

-- Claus Gerhardt

(*This script renames files or directories with adminstrator priviliges.

Notice that the administrator privileges will be valid for a few
seconds after you entered your password, so don't play around with
the script, it won't ask for your password again in those circumstances.
*)

set newname to "gwTeXLive"

set dirName to "/usr/local"

set shellScript to "cd " & dirName & ";"
set shellScript to shellScript & "mv TeXLive" & " " & newname

do shell script shellScript with administrator privileges

-- End of script