[OS X TeX] TeXshop

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sun Nov 19 11:51:50 CET 2006

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 11:23:21AM +0100, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 05:09:58PM +0100, Jérome Laurens wrote:
> >
> > Le 17 nov. 06 à 17:01, Claus Gerhardt a écrit :
> >
> > >I think only three tex installations will be of importance teTeX
> > >and TeXLive (Gerben) and texlive (the original). As far as I know
> > >the path for texlive will contain a symlink and all texlive200i
> > >installations will be symlinked to it, i.e., their path will never
> > >change.
> > >
> > >I assume that TeXShop will ask at start up "which tex" and get the
> > >relevant information.
>
> TeXShop might also inspect the contents of mounted volumes, and give
> users the option to pick an iso/dmg image file for mounting.

A fragment of my own .bash_profile, to show how you could search for
a mounted texlive and configure for it:

  testl=`mount | grep -i texlive`
  if [ ! "$testl"  ]; then
    echo Mounting TeX Live image\; please wait...
    open /Users/Shared/disk_images/texlive2005.iso
    sleep 10
    testl=`mount | grep -i texlive`
  fi
  TEXMFMAIN=`set $testl; echo $3`
  export TEXMFMAIN=${TEXMFMAIN}/texlive/texmf
  export TEXMFDIST=${TEXMFMAIN}-dist
  export PATH=${TEXMFMAIN%texmf}bin/powerpc-darwin:$BASEPATH
  unset testl

--
Siep Kroonenberg