[OS X TeX] Finally we are grown up

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 22:11:33 CET 2006

Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> Themis remarks

As it happens, I have (practically) built two houses with my own
hands—still working on the second one.

So, in addition to Matsoukas' list, I have to finish house #2. And so, I
too have no "time to find what are binaries, dependencies, dynamic
libraries etc. All I want is a working setup."

> underline what I described previously as rumours, ... These are
> carefully nurtured myths resulting in brainwashing.

I am not sure what "carefully nurtured myths resulting in brainwashing"
refers to.

> My installation of TeXlive 2005 was done in 10 min,

I am sure but, as you are doubtless aware, I don't have your
tex-proficiency, by far.

> and I hope that I provided enough training ..., :).

Unfortunately, it didn't connect with me.

> Anyway, I assume Richard Koch's MacTeX will be ready by Christmas.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

The point, if you would rather, is that I am scared "-------" to get
bogged down while reinstalling. The probability at this point may not be
high but I can't even contemplate the expectation. I have even
considered buying another machine and installing on the other machine
but my finances being what they are, I am hanging on for the time being.

Regards
--schremmer