[OS X TeX] installing from TeXLive

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Nov 17 16:29:46 CET 2006

On Nov 17, 2006, at 14:19 , Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> The command line is not case sensitive, at least not in bash shell.

It used to be, but that seems to have been fixed. Note that it still
does not work if your user has /usr/local on a case sensitive file
system. It is always better to keep to your capitalization.

> The system wide settings which I changed to my new path was the
> main reason for not trusting i-Installer, besides that I didn't
> know what it is doing. I am (was) afraid that i-Installer might
> think that whatever is tex related had been installed by i-
> installer and thus might also be removed.

First: i-Installer does not remove anything TeX as it has no idea
what TeX is. The TeX i-Package can remove things and what it does can
be inspected. Just inspect the  uninstall/remove phase in Pkg
Contents. It is pretty simple perl.