[OS X TeX] TeXshop

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Fri Nov 17 15:09:03 CET 2006

Le 17 nov. 06 à 11:23, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> On Nov 17, 2006, at 01:32 , Claus Gerhardt wrote:
>
>> Assuming that straight texlive will be the future default, two
>> additional buttons in the preferences which those using Gerben's
>> distributions can click seems to be easiest way.
>
> [...]
> Thinking more, it would be better to store the list of known
> locations with availability in TeXShop Preferences and also offer
> the choice as soon as one location bcomes available. Hence:
> - Install TeX i-Package
> - Start TeXShop, gwTeX is detected and used automatically
> - Install TeX Live from image
> - Start TeXShop and you'll get the choice because of a newly
> detected option on your system.
> Such a system would not require the versioning of the plist

This is exactly what I chose for iTeXMac2 (is there any other
choice?). The only problem comes from the texlive200? naming convention.
As it is not static, the installation path should be declared as a
regular expression which may lead to implementation problems.
A poor man approach would be to store all the texlive paths of a man
life... starting from 2005

Notice that the distribution for packages and binaries need not be
the same.

Now the question is how many different distributions are available?

gwtex:/Library/teTeX
texlive:/usr/local/TeXLive
texlives:/usr/local/texlive200?
fink:/sw/usr/tete
textures: /Applications/Textures.app/Contents/Resources/TeX
OzTeX:???
Hans Hagen minimal distribution:???

Anything else?