[OS X TeX] installing from TeXLive

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Thu Nov 16 03:54:09 CET 2006

On 14 Nov 2006, at 18:20, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> Today I downloaded the compressed texlive2005-inst-20051102.iso dmg
> from CTAN (683MB) mounted it and installed the full unix texlive
> distribution following the installer script.
>
> Installation was a easy and very quickly:

This is amazing, it took 10 minutes to install it; and it works!
After having modified my PATH variable to contain the new texlive
binaries, I just run install-tl.sh (keeping all default parameters -
I did not change the base path), and texconfig-sys paper a4:
everything works fine after. No parameter modified. And I still have
my personal texmf in Library/; I did not need to move it in ~/

thanks - now we have a bright future.
--e.