[OS X TeX] ConTeXt and TeXLive ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 15 13:26:48 CET 2006

Am 15.11.2006 um 13:03 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:

> PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/TeXLive/bin/i386-
> apple-darwin-current/:/usr/local/bin

> ... this is the result.
> Can this help me in any way?

Well, the PATH to the TeX Live binaries has a final slash: can you
remove it in /etc/profile and /etc/csh.login?

I made a simple test setting deliberately one PATH component to /
<some path>/ and invoked the which command to find an executable
there in /<some path>/. I received an answer:

	/<some path>//<the executable>

You see that double slash? This *can* lead to assuming the ``/<some
path>/´´ part is substituted by the following ``/<the executable>´´
term because it starts with a ``/´´, i.e. the root of the file
system. So ``/<the executable>´´, i.e. /texmfstart, is used by
TeXShop in your case. And this file (or sym-link) does not exist.
(And for me this // path led to another *very* strange error.)

So I recommend to edit /etc/profile and /etc/csh.login, removing the
final slashes from "/usr/local/TeXLive/bin/i386-apple-darwin-
current/", to log-out and to log-in again ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Nazionalismus ist die Religion der armen Schweine