[OS X TeX] End of i-Installer/i-Packages support per 1/1/2007

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Nov 12 23:42:29 CET 2006

On Nov 12, 2006, at 17:30 , Franck Pastor wrote:

> There is something I do not understand here, maybe because I am not
> fluent enough in English to fully understand the word "support".
> Given that Gerben stops support for i-installer, it means that he
> will cease to answear mails about it, but does it mean also that
> the i-installer application will not be available anymore?

The i-Installer and the i-Packages will still be available. There
will be updates and support until 1/1/2007. After  that, I will only
update stuff if I need it for my own personal use. And something like
the fully automated updates of the ConTeXt updater will keep running.

Besides, it is all open source and can be downloaded from
SourceForge. Anybody can download and build i-Installer and i-
Packages. Until 1/1/2007 I will also work on cleaning up
documentation etc. to support this. If people want to take over the
role of i-Packages editor or i-Installer maintainer, I'll help them too.

PS. Thanks all for the (too) kind words.