[OS X TeX] OT: Memory

Fernando Pereira fcnpereira at mac.com
Sun Nov 12 15:19:00 CET 2006

On Nov 12, 2006, at 7:22 AM, Marcus Michalsky wrote:

>  But the new Notebooks get 90 degrees (Celsius) in a test...

I don't know which test you are referring to, but my MacBook (black,
2GB memory) runs fairly cool for typical TeX work. On the other hand,
as has been discussed on the net and I can confirm from experience,
MacBooks have had sudden shutdown and CD drive problems. I don't know
if Apple has fixed those problems for the new edition (Duo 2), I hope
they have. When it works, the MacBook is the nicest laptop I've had.

-- F