[OS X TeX] End of i-Installer/i-Packages support per 1/1/2007

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 21:12:44 CET 2006

Gerben Wierda wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> As I have announced at TUG2006 in Marrakech this week, my support for
> i-Installer and the i-Packages will end on January 1st, 2007.

Of course, I had been wondering, given the end of teTeX, how long Wierda
would manage to stay on. Well, six years is quite a stretch and he has
all my admiration and all my gratitude. I wish him the best in all is
future endeavours and texing …

I am truly chilled to the bones and, on the selfish side, since I am
still running TeXShop 1.43 on 10.3.9, I have a feeling that, in spite of
what I read on this list—but didn't understand—about installation
glitches, I should switch to 10.4 as soon as possible.

Before I do, though, I would like to be reassured that the current
installation is as idiot-proof as it was back then and/or be warned
against wrong turns I would be sure to make.

Best regards
--schremmer

My installation is, I think, almost as plain as possible, particularly
as I am using only pdf graphics.

The packages I am using are:

\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{makeidx}