[OS X TeX] TS synchronization with \input

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Sat Nov 11 15:12:06 CET 2006

I run to the following  problem with pdf-to-source synchronization
while using nested \input files:

I use a master file to \input a large number of files that reside in
parallel folders in paths of the form ../problems/prob_i relative to
the root file (with i=1, ...).  I often \input only some of these
files in my root file. I noticed that when I command-click on certain
spots of  the pdf output, the source file that pops opens is a file
that is not \input'ed in my root file! This behavior is apparently
due to TeXShop's synchronization (and not to pdfsync)  because the
sync point in the source file is highlighted in bright yellow color.

It appears that TeXShop's synchronization works by looking for
matching strings in ALL *.tex files that reside in ../problems/,
whether these files are actually loaded by the root file or not. If
that's the case, it should be possible to add a check in the program
to skip files that are not \input'ed.

Themis