[OS X TeX] Different results with TeXLive intel/ppc

Louis Talman talmanl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 09:21:52 CET 2006

On Nov 9, 2006, at 1:00 AM, Roberto Avanzi wrote:

> On 7 Nov 2006, at 20:35, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> Am 07.11.2006 um 20:07 schrieb Louis Talman:
>>
>>> Isn't TeXLive for intel only?
>>
>> Only the most recent XeTeX binaries. And only in TeX Live i-Package.
>
> Hopefully this is only temporary, and XeTeX will run
> again on PPC.

Dare one hope that there will be an iPackage?  Or must I learn arcane
things about Mac unix in order to keep TeXShop updated on my not yet
elderly--let alone ancient--G5 machine?  Not that I can't--it's just
that, as has been pointed out by others, the bloody documentation
seems to have been written for people who already understand what
they must do but just need reminders about how to do it.

--Lou Talman
   Metropolitan State College of Denver

   <http://clem.mscd.edu/%7Etalmanl>