[OS X TeX] Adobe Illustrator

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Nov 7 15:56:04 CET 2006

Le 7 nov. 06 à 15:48, George Gratzer a écrit :

> This is of course not an issue for me because I do not understand a
> word of it.
>
> I am just a user.
>
> GG
>
> On Nov 7, 2006, at 4:24 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> Still, that does not fix the issue that you had a gs installed
>> that required X11 in the first place.

You can build Ghostscript with or without X11 support. With X11
support, Ghostscript is run within the X11 GUI (X11 is the standard
Unix GUI). Without X11 support, Ghostscript is run from the command
line (ie from Terminal).

When Ghostscript is installed via i-Installer, i-Installer checks
whether X11 is available on your system, and installs the appropriate
version of Ghostscript. MacTeX.pkg is supposed to do the same, but
apparently something went wrong.