[OS X TeX] include cannot be nested?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 05:28:33 CET 2006

André Bellaïche wrote:

> What we need, either with \input, or with \include, is a mechanism
> which takes you to the place in the included file which corresponds
> to the place in the pdf file you command-clicked on.
>
> Clearly, this does not work with \input. Does this work with \include ?

At least to the following extent:

When I click in the output of the book, I get the source of the included
chapter with, more or less, the relevant paragraph selected.

But clicking in the source of a chapter, EDITchap/n, does not get me
either the pdf of the chapter (which I normally get via a file
PRINTchap/n invoked by %!TEX root = ../PRINTchap/n.tex at the top of
EDITchap/n) or the pdf of the whole book.

But, since I never felt the need for it, I never investigated it so I
don't know if it might not be the unexpected result of one of my strokes
of genius.

Regards
--schremmer