[OS X TeX] include cannot be nested?

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Mon Nov 6 00:09:24 CET 2006

Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2006, at 5:10 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> I am guessing pdfsync might also not work with \input'ed
>> files, but I haven't tested this.
>

> Yes, it does. In fact, if you command click on the line \input
> {myfile.tex} of the main file, the pdf will open on the page
> corresponding to myfile.tex. Then, command-clicking on the pdf page
> takes you to myfile.tex. This makes navigation between multiple
> documents very convenient. Sometimes these synchronizations fail
> unpredictably but for the most part they work.

This is not the behaviour I would call "to work with \input'ed
files". This is the same behaviour TeXShop/psfsync would have with
any bit of text or any macro.

What we need, either with \input, or with \include, is a mechanism
which takes you to the place in the included file which corresponds
to the place in the pdf file you command-clicked on.

Clearly, this does not work with \input. Does this work with \include ?

I don't remember precisely what worked or did not work with Textures,
but it seems to me that Textures was able to search into \input'ed
files. Can anybody confirm?

André Bellaïche