[OS X TeX] strange i-installer behaviour

Alessandro Andretta alessandroandretta at mac.com
Sun Nov 5 13:25:31 CET 2006

On 5 Nov 2006, at 00:32, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 04.11.2006 um 23:02 schrieb Alessandro Andretta:
>
>> The i-Installer has been exhibiting a curious glitch
>
> Do you use i-Installer from /Applications or from /Applications/
> Utilities? The latter is its proper installation place ...

 From /Applications/Utilities....
Another curious thing: when I ask to check for upgraded packages, I get
three warning messages:

	I cannot read the Table of Contents for http://tug.org/i-packages/
asy.ii2.
	Either it is not an i-Package or there are network or remote server
problems.

	I cannot read the Table of Contents for http://tug.org/i-packages/
texbinaries.ii2.
	Either it is not an i-Package or there are network or remote server
problems.

	I cannot read the Table of Contents for http://tug.org/i-packages/
texmf.ii2.
	Either it is not an i-Package or there are network or remote server
problems.

Also it seems that the i-Package Ntpbm is unavailable, although it
shows on the list
of upgraded packages.

Cheers,

	--aa