[OS X TeX] TeX based on TeX Live release

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Nov 3 17:48:08 CET 2006

Le 3 nov. 06 à 17:40, Paul Vickers a écrit :

> Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> theo8mc233:~ bvoisin$ ls -l /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/doc/
>> latex/index/index.pdf
>> -rw-r--r--   1 root  admin  218990 Jan  9  2006 /usr/local/TeXLive/
>> texmf.texlive/doc/latex/index/index.pdf
>
> and I get
>
> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/doc/latex/index/index.pdf: No such
> file or directory
>
> which makes me wonder again whether TeXLive failed to install
> itself properly. In fact, there is no doc directory at all in /usr/
> local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/
>
> seems that might be the problem, no? Gerben did wonder whether some
> of the documentation was missing....

Then you must have either:

- Installed in Basic mode.

- Installed in Expert mode and forgot to check either of

	TeX Live Foundation subset documentation
	Documentation for gwTeX additions to TeX

Or did you install from MacTeX? (But I don't think MacTeX includes
the new TeXLive srtup yet.)

Bruno Voisin