[OS X TeX] Strange LaTeXit behavior

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 2 17:40:18 CET 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 10:27 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2006, at 4:49 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> The friend of mine experiences rather strange LaTeXit behavior: after
>> typesetting few formulae it begins to use sf fonts and does not
>> display \sum etc
>>
>> Restarting it solves the problem for a while, removing plist also
>> gives only temporarily effect.
>> His OS is 10.4.7 Swedish LaTeXit v1.9.2, tex distribution is one
>> year old
>

> Could it be corrupt font caches? I occasionally see similar
> behavior in TeXShop and deleting all font caches fixes it. There
> are many tools for doing this, but the one I like is MainMenu,
> which you can find at:
>
> http://www.santasw.com/
>
> In fact, it will delete font caches and much, much more.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
>   Gary

Howdy,

I've occasionally had a problem where it appears that the OS X PDF
subsystem seems to go crazy and won't display a pdf file properly in
either TeXShop or Preview. Other things start going wrong too; e.g.,
Mail starts to behave strangely. Only a re-boot seems to fix this.
I've had this happen in 10.4.6 and above.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)