[OS X TeX] No bold fourier font

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Nov 2 16:34:14 CET 2006

Le 2 nov. 06 à 16:17, Meneer Flubie a écrit :

> Hi, I have installed the new TeXLive. At first I thought it was
> fine, but
> when I used \textbf{mytext} in my document, the text was not bold.
> I was
> using fourier font ( \usepackage{fourier} ).

\textbf does not affect the Fourier fonts, which are math fonts.
Instead, it affects the text fonts used with them, by default Utopia.
Is this what you are using?

If so, then there's indeed a problem: the Utopia fonts were included
in the teTeX-based version of gwTeX, at:

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/fonts/type1/adobe/utopia/

However, they seem to be missing from the TeXLive-based version.