[OS X TeX] updmap

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 1 13:47:16 CET 2006

Am 01.11.2006 um 12:01 schrieb Paul Vickers:

> Ah, then it's the old tetex based TeX i-package from 2003

Then, I think, the -sys versions were not enabled ... meaning no
personal installations supported (by TeX search paths). The -sys
variants came in 2004 to (over) us (TeX Live 2005 and teTeX 3). And
then came Tiger, recommending to use 'sudo -H' instead of simple sudo.

Paul, I think you started in 2003 and must have updated – or can you
run a 'sudo -H updmap ...' or even better 'sudo -H -u root
updmap ...'? If your updmap is from 'TeX Live 2005 and teTeX 3' then
it would create files and directories in /var/root/Library. Otherwise
it should do the system job and create a .cfg and a .log file in /usr/
local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c. Anyway, it's kind of academic.
This version info, you sent earlier, states that you're up-to-date in
the most recent TeX i-Package: "This is pdfeTeX, Version
3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)." This is software written/released
early this year. Then you should use the -sys variants of the system
tools!

And another anyway: there should be some file or simple command to
tell which TeX (i-Package) one is talking or writing about. Including
a hint to use the -sys or the pure variants.

--
Greetings

   Pete

neither do we.