[OS X TeX] suppressing url in bibliography

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Tue May 30 19:29:43 CEST 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 11:30 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> I think there may be a simpler solution (though I don't use any of
> this stuff myself, so this is untested).... try something like
>
>   \def\urlprefix{}
>   \def\url#1{}

Almost does what I want -- it does away with the url but leaves the
comma right before the spot where the url would have appeared. I can
remove this comma easily, though, by find/replace.

> On May 30, 2006, at 10:54 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
> I suppose you could do a search and replace on the .bib file and
> rename all the "url" field names to "url2" or something similar.
> Then the urls are still there in the bibfile, but the style files
> will ignore them because they don't recognize the field name.

I was trying to avoid having to work with multiple versions of the
bib file...

> On May 30, 2006, at 11:07 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>
> In this case, I'd edit the apsrev.bst file to suppress printing the
> URL (or to use a bogus field for the URL); searching for "url" in
> the bst file should show you the relevant location.

Probably a more durable solution, but I don't particularly enjoy
hacking sanctioned styles...

Thanks

Themis