[OS X TeX] twocolumn documentclass and tables

Henrik L A henrikla at undermybed.dk
Wed May 24 16:55:23 CEST 2006

Hi LaTeX'ers,

I'm writing my thesis and I'd like to use a twocolumn-layout. However,
this seems to cause some problems with my tables, which I want to be
one-column. I have found an ad hoc solution, but I tought that
something smarter was maybe possible. My solution is:

\documentclass[a4paper,twocolumn]{article}
[...]
bla bla bla
[...]

\onecolumn
[table is inserted]
\twocolumn

But this solution use the margin that "fits" the \twocolumn-environment
on the table-site (which looks wierd) and it puts the table on a new
page (I'd like two-column text above and below the table).

Any hints?

Kind regards,
Henrik Lindegaard