[OS X TeX] Turning eps to pdf problems

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon May 22 09:07:13 CEST 2006

Le 22 mai 06 à 08:32, David Watson a écrit :

> I didn't even know that that particular program was there, [...]
>
> On May 22, 2006, at 12:57 AM, Robert Bruner wrote:
>
>> Please  excuse a newbie question (new to Mac and this list, that is)
>> but how does one learn about, E.G., syntax and features, of things
>> like
>>
>>> /System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert is another utility. To
>>> use
>>> it invoke it using absolute path names, i.e. those starting
>>> with / or
>>> ${HOME}, à la:
>>>
>>> 	/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert -i application/
>>> postscript
>>> -j application/pdf -f /path/to/file.eps -o ${HOME}/directories/
>>> file.pdf
>>
>> in the absence of man pages.

Is there any relationship between:

- /System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert, apparently a part of OS X;

- /usr/local/bin/convert, a part of ImageMagick installed through i-
Installer?

 From the command-line, in the absence of a full path it seems the
latter is used:

legimc11:~ brunovoisin$ which convert
/usr/local/bin/convert

and "man convert" returns the man page for it.

So yes, where in Apple's documentation can one find out about such
things as /System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert?