[OS X TeX] Can't write on file xxx.aux

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Sat May 20 04:21:47 CEST 2006

I have a problem which I don't understand.

I am normally working with TeXShop 1.43 on a Dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4 under
10.3.9 and, in order to work on the book while away for a few days, not
knowing which file was calling which file, I copy everything—including
the style sheets—onto my 400 MHz PowerPC G3 also running under 10.3.9

Last time I used this approach, a few moths ago, it worked perfectly.

Yet, this time, when I try to typeset a file xxx, I get "I can't write
on file xxx.aux", no matter what xxx.

Do I really have to reinstall everything on the PowerBook? Or what am I
doing that is so stupid I can't even see it.

Hopeful regards
--schremmer